Tuesday, May 30, 2017 (All day) to Wednesday, May 1, 2019 (All day)
The Ohio State University is offering a self-paced, online mental health program to health providers. Upon completion of the course, 50.1 hours of continuing nursing education will be awarded. Cost of the program is $945.
What’s the purpose of the program?
This program teaches health providers to screen, assess, and manage common mental health problems in primary care settings, improving the capacity to meet the needs of people across the life span with mental/behavioral health disorders.
- 16 self-paced online modules
- Each module identifies objectives and includes a recorded one-hour lecture by a mental health expert, required readings, and useful resources
- A selected number of modules have associated clinical skills-building activities to assist participants with putting into practice what is being learned in the online educational modules
- Upon completion of each module, the participants take a post-test that assesses learner knowledge of the content covered in the lecture and required readings.
The final clinical skills-building activity will include the submission of a comprehensive write-up of the assessment and evidence-based management of one child or adolescent with a mental health disorder.
Each participant will be assigned a faculty mentor who will provide expert feedback on these activities. This addition will be greatly beneficial to nurses in building their mental health screening, assessment, accurate identification, and early intervention skills. Upon completion of the training program, participants will receive a certificate of completion and 50.1 hours of continuing education. Participants will also receive a copy of “A Practical Guide to Child and Adolescent Mental Health Screening, Early Intervention, and Health Promotion, 2nd Edition” as part of their registration fee.
- Nuts & bolts of screening, assessment, & evidence-based management of mental health disorders
- Cultural, legal, & ethical considerations
- Mood disorders & suicide
- Anxiety disorders
- Maximizing reimbursment
- Cognitive behavior skills building
- Bipolar disorder
- Behavior disorders
- Somatic disorders
For questions on the program, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.