Ohio State Total Health and Wellness at University Hospital East
The Ohio State University College of Nursing is pleased to offer a nurse practitioner-led comprehensive primary care practice at University Hospital East. Ohio State Total Health and Wellness offers an interprofessional team approach to integrated physical and mental health care for people across the life span.
The care team includes:
Family nurse practitioners (FNPs) to assess your current state of health, provide evidence-based management of health conditions, and assist you in reaching optimal wellness
Psychiatric mental health nurse practitioners and mental health counselors to help you with anxiety, depression and other mental health issues
Pharmacists to review and answer questions you might have about your medicines
Dietitians to help you learn about your diet and how to eat and cook to improve your health
Social workers to help with financial issues and community support
Nursing and other health science students who will be learning about you and your community’s health needs and providing education and skills building so that you can reach optimal health and wellness.
Certified Nurse Midwives to provide prenatal care, contraception and other gynecologic services.
Ohio State Total Health and Wellness offers comprehensive physical and mental health care.
Appointments may be made by calling (614) 685-9994.
Types of services offered include:
- Health and wellness screening and education
- Evidence-based management of new health problems or complaints
- Care and ongoing management for conditions like diabetes, asthma, heart failure and others
- Routine physical exams, health and wellness screenings, and vaccines
- Basic women’s services including pap smears and birth control
- Education to help you to best take care of yourself and reach your optimal state of health and wellness
- Mental health counseling and programs for conditions such as depression and anxiety
- Healthy lifestyle programs
Total Health and Wellness accepts most health insurances, including Medicare and Medicaid. We utilize a sliding fee structure for all patients and will see patients regardless of their ability to pay.